So this is my FIRST EVER beauty post. I'd like to classify myself as "low maintenance" when it comes to beauty & makeup BUT the truth may be that I know absolutely nothing on either topic haha :( Luckily, I just experienced a facial from Neiman Marcus (Honolulu) in their new Dior Facial Room. The treatment was one-hour of complete relaxation & bliss…not to mention informational. I walked away with 2 products that have changed my life. This is what inspired my beauty post!
I wanted to do a blog that featured my daily skincare + makeup routine. I don't have the best skin or makeup tips but this is just what I do on the regular. I'm also a true believer in natural beauty & if you do your makeup right, it will look like you're not wearing any! (Girl's Night Out makeup not included haha this is strictly on the day-to-day side). Anyway, I strive to keep my look simple, fresh, clean, and natural. Please don't judge too harshly…I have included before/after photos that have no filters, no photoshop, no nothing….EEK! I'm so nervous to post this but here goes:
- Cleanse with Clinique Liquid Soap - My mom is a Clinique woman so I grew up with it my whole life. I love the simplicity of the brand & it's affordable prices too!
- Tone with Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 - #2 is for Combination Dry skin which is totally me. You'll see where I have dry patches on my face :(
- Whiten + Brighten with Dior Snow White Reveal - This is my new ESSENTIAL. This lightweight cream minimizes pores/wrinkles & works to even out skin tone. I have major hyper-pigmentation so hopefully this helps whiten those pesky freckles & redness. It's also a light moisturizer that leaves skin matte (say no to greasiness)!!
- Moisturize with Clarins Extra-Firming Day Cream (for all skin types) - Call me crazy but I use a heavy duty wrinkle-reducing cream. Collagen stops being produced around age 25 so I'm starting my prevention EARLY :)
- Sunscreen + Foundation with Dior Snow UV Protection BB Creme - This is the ULTIMATE product. I used to use foundation or powder but this is ALL I NEED. It's UV protectant + flawless coverage. It makes my skin sleek, smooth, & slightly dewy. If you like matte coverage, you may still need powder but if not…GET THIS NEOW.
- Bronzer with Benefit Cosmetics' Hoola Bronzer - Just for cheeks & jawline…Gotta contour…or whatever you experts call it.
- Blush with Illamasqua Powder Blush in Tremble - I'm a rosy cheek kinda gal but to keep it subtle I stay on the soft matte side of things.
- Brows with Anatasia's Brow Wiz in Caramel - Everyone tells me I have full brows that don't really need filling in but I like the precision look when I do…Vanity…It's a thing :P
Anyway, hope you all enjoyed my beauty post! For more tips, tricks, & and overall lifestyle posts please visit my friend Lauren's blog at www.thefigsheart.com. I def tune into her for the latest beauty trends & inspiration for healthy snacks.